Student Travel Grants
On a competitive basis, the 2023 International Congress on Ultrasonics in Beijing ( the 2023 ICU BEIJING) offers no more than 15 student travel grants (STG) to students who have registered and co-authored accepted abstracts for the conference. The 2023 ICU BEIJING will provide support with student travel grants to them to attend the meeting. These grants encourage participation by students who would normally find it difficult to attend. Women, minorities, undergraduate or beginning graduate students, and first-time ICU attendees, are especially encouraged to apply. Each 2023 ICU BEIJING sponsored grant is up to USD 400. No postdocs, faculty, or other senior research personnel may be supported by the grant. These student travel grants will enable them to share scientific information and stimulate research interests for students in the related field of ultrasonics.
1. Each applicant must be a Student Member or Graduate Student Society at the time he/she applies for the grant;
2. To be qualified for the funding from the STG, the awardee is required to attend the 2023 ICU BEIJING on the ground;
3. Each applicant must be a co-author of an accepted abstract or conference paper in the 2023 ICU BEIJING and present it physically at the conference;
4. Each applicant must be a full-time student registered toward a Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. degree in a college or university when submitting the application;
5. During the expense reimbursement stage, the student applicants must show proof of having registered to attend the 2023 ICU BEIJING with their student ID.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A STUDENT TRAVEL GRANT
Applicants should create their application as a single PDF file, following the format described above. Go to the 2023 ICU BEIJING website and log in. Select the student travel grant option, and then submit the application.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Please make sure to upload in the 2023 ICU BEIJING website all the required application materials:
1. A support letter from the student's advisor (the advisor can directly submit the reference letter on the 2023 ICU BEIJING website).
2. The applicant’s up-to-date resume including citizenship (required), if this is the first-time attendance of the ICU meeting or not, ethnicity, and gender (optional, used to broaden the participation of under-represented students).
3. A half-to-one-page letter from the student stating the purpose of attending the conference.
We remind you that students who are awarded a student travel grant must register and attend the conference on the ground.
Usually reimbursements will be made to grant recipients less than 30 days after the conference. More details will be provided to the students who are selected to receive a Student Travel Grant.
18 July 2023
18 August 2023
Please address any questions to the 2023 ICU BEIJING secretary General via email at email@example.com with a mandatory title: “ the 2023 ICU BEIJING STG Question: Your Last Name”.
Abstract submission deadline
Feb 28, 2023 Extended to April 4, 2023
Notification of Acceptance
April 23, 2023 Extended to May 7, 2023
Deadline early-bird registration for non-authors
May 28, 2023Extended to June 6, 2023
September 18 - 21, 2023
Paper submission deadline
June 25, 2023 Extended to Nov 30, 2023